Tuesday 9 March 2010

52 mini interviews: Patrick Gildersleeves


Name: Patrick Gildersleeves
Location: Brighton
Age: 24
How would you describe your work?
Very good

What are you currently working on?
A book, lots of small drawings, my first solo album and some secret things

Where do you find inspiration for your work?
Old photographs of people from far away places in strange clothes, kung fu films and in my dreams.

3 artists/designers you love and why! :
Hokusai, especially his manga. Everyone knows his waves and mountains, but his drawings of people look so free and easy but real.
Susumu Katsumata, I read his Red Snow book recently and the stories in it are great.
Mary Blair did some lovely illustrations, especially in I Can Fly.

3 things that make you smile:
Singing, dancing and people being stupid

Do you have any other upcoming exhibitions/shows etc:
Pick me up graphic art fair in Somerset House in London.

No comments:

Post a Comment