Friday 26 March 2010

52 mini interviews: Bjorn Rune Lie

Name: Bjorn Rune Lie
Location: Bristol
Age: 32 1/2


Website(s):  


How would you describe your work? 

It depends who I'd be describing it to....It often features ordinary people in bizarre circumstances or vice versa; outlandish looking characters in an everyday setting. Playful and warm, rich in detail and texture..Possibly overworked  a lot of the time.


What are you currently working on?
 

A picture book for Nobrow Press in London. To be printed in 3 spot colours..Quite exciting, but probably economic suicide.


Where do you find inspiration for your work? 

Everywhere but illustration annuals.


3 artists/designers you love and why!
 

Jockum Nordstrom, Gosia Machon and Yokoland. Because they are confident enough to do "loose" work. I can't do that myself..It just doesn't feel finished to me if I haven't worked my ass off. Guess you just gotta do what feels natural. And I love this here blog: http://ajourneyroundmyskull.blogspot.com/
 

3 things that make you smile: 

Scrambled eggs, newspaper, Fresh coffee. 


Do you have any other upcoming exhibitions/shows etc:
 

Got this really exciting show called 52! Apart from that, no...Well..Jamaica Street Open Studios in June, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment