Wednesday 10 March 2010

52 mini interviews: Kirsty Hall

3 Score & 10

Name: Kirsty Hall
Location: Bristol, England but I’m a Scot originally
Age:
42

Website(s):

Website & Blog
Twitter
Facebook Fan Page
Video channel
Flickr

Basically, I’m all over the internet like a cheap rash!

How would you describe your work?
Obsessive repetitive process.

What are you currently working on?

Mostly the apron covered with sequins that I’ve been working on since last summer. But I’ve just started a couple of new pieces using crochet & I’m about to start a new series of drawings.


Where do you find inspiration for your work?
Everywhere really, stuff I see & things I read. I read a lot of non-fiction and much of my work is inspired by that. I also tend to like the little everyday things that most people ignore or despise – for example, I have a bit of thing for the patterns on net curtains.

3 artists/designers you love and why! :
Eva Hesse – for being fearless, original and one of the best artists of the 20th century.

Tom Friedman – I love the way he takes things to their logical extreme.

Ernst Haeckel – for being a crazy mad Victorian dude!

3 things that make you smile:
My chickens
My family
Gary Larson cartoons


Do you have any other upcoming exhibitions/shows etc:

Nothing else at the moment but I’m open to offers!

No comments:

Post a Comment