Friday 19 March 2010

52 mini interviews: Ben O'Leary


Name: Ben O'Leary
Location: Bristol (UK)
Age: 30
Website(s): www.thingsfromhere.co.uk

How would you describe your work?


Eclectic, in that I don't have any one particular medium or style I prefer to work in, it varies depending on what materials I have to hand or the space I'm working in, although currently I've been focusing on collage and photography

What are you currently working on?


Running the one of the best artist bookshops in the UK, and making plans for our next Xmas exhibition.

Where do you find inspiration for your work?

Everywhere; books, films, architecture, moslty vintage stuff, modernism etc.

3 artists/designers you love and why!
:

Sophie Woodrow

Mudwig Dans

Marci Washington

I think their work all shares something, in different ways. There's a darkness to it, and a twisted mix of Victoriana and natural history.

3 things that make you smile:

Good charity shop/car boot sale finds, Dogs, Music.

Do you have any other upcoming exhibitions/shows etc:

I'm working on designing/producing my own merchandise.

No comments:

Post a Comment