Sunday 7 March 2010

52 mini interviews: lou lou and oscar/Lisa Aaron


Name: Lisa Aaron
Location: Edinburgh/Jersey UK
Age: 39
Website(s):
blog
etsy
flickr

How would you describe your work?
Someone described it as haphazard recently, I think I will go with
that. Perhaps throw in eclectic too.

What are you currently working on?
Some pieces for a show, I can't be too explicit but there will be a
large hand embroidered wall hanging, a plush creature and a small
installation piece. The show it titled Lost at Sea so that may offer
up a few clues!

Where do you find inspiration for your work?
All over the place. I visited Deyrolle in Paris last autumn, the
collections of insects and butterflies, the tiny animals in cases
impressed me, so, natural history of course. Cold, cold places, the
Arctic, pointy mountains, lines of poetry, song lyrics, books I have
read, the embroidered collages made recently are pretty much homages
to the writers and artists I love.

3 artists/designers you love and why! :
This is the hardest question, to pick three !
Bela Tarr : Made me fall in love with cinema again.
Caroline Gaedechens :Old magic.
Rachel Ortas : Colour

3 things that make you smile:
Bed picnics with my husband & son
Opening a surprise parcel
Drawing a new creature

Do you have any other upcoming exhibitions/shows etc:
I have just released a plush exclusive with Schmancy
I am taking part in a group show at Gallery Hanahou called Lost at Sea in May.
Plush You L.A. in August.
A show in Wales, UK much later in the year.

2 comments:

  1. bed picnics
    now it is clear what my life has been lacking as of late

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ! I thought the same, Margie !
    It's always a delight to read and learn more about Lisa.
    x x x
    ___mathyld___

    ReplyDelete