Sunday 28 February 2010

52 mini interviews: Susan Schwake

"Downstream"
Name:  Susan Schwake
Location: New Hampshire, USA
Age: really? 52 :) That works out well for this exhibition!

Website(s):
http://www.susanschwake.com
http://www.artstreamstudios.com/
Blog
Flickr

How would you describe your work?
eccletic and nature based.

What are you currently working on?
i am working on some interpretations of Birch trees for an exhibition in Romania. Also, a
public art project.

Where do you find inspiration for your work?
Nature, my family and lots of interaction with young budding artists.

3 artists/designers you love and why! :

Megan Bogonovich - a wonderful friend and total inspiration as an artist as she fearlessly forges through porcelain and clay making mind bending objects.
Stacey Esslinger - native of NH, she makes porcelain handbuilt functional ware which is so unique and
detailed it blows me away!

Penelope Dullaghan - I love her playful illustrative way that she handles artwork. Each of her pieces
bring me back to Ezra Jack Keats, whom I have always adored.

3 things that make you smile:
my daughters, my husband and The IT Crowd!

Do you have any other upcoming exhibitions/shows etc:
Currently I have a series of 50 prints at The Working Proof to
benefit Medicin sans Frontiers - They are all original monotypes with
hand painted elements. Link


This year I have been invited to exhibit in MESTECHENI - BIRKEN _
BIRCHES in Romania

I am also working on another public art sculpture this year for the
City of Rochester. It will be unveiled in May and on my blog at that
time.

Don't forget to keep checking back for news about the show, interviews and more!

2 comments:

  1. Susan is awesome and modest, she barely mentions the gallery/studio that she runs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. did i mention how much i love that little gold lustre deer? :D

    ReplyDelete