Sunday 28 February 2010

52 mini interviews: Leah Duncan

Rainy Day Limited Edition Giclee Print available here
Name: Leah Duncan
Location:
Austin, TX

Age:
27

Website(s):

www.leahduncan.com
Etsy

Blog

How would you describe your work?
Slightly ambiguous, probably flowery drawings with an influence from folk art and children's illustrations with a western flair.


What are you currently working on?
I'm working on expanding my product line.


Where do you find inspiration for your work?
Nature, animals, the quiet moments in my life.


3 artists/designers you love and why! :


Camilla Engman:
Clearly one of the best of our time.
Betsy Walton: Oh, I just love her style! There's something so unique about her work.

Orla Kiely:I'm my happiest when I can see my work on something useable. It's inspirational to see someone like Orla be so successful at creating her own distinctive line of products.

3 things that make you smile:

My husband, my cats, cowboy boots.


Do you have any other upcoming exhibitions/shows etc:

I'll be a vendor at the very first Renegade Craft Fair in Austin in May.

Don't forget to keep checking back for news about the show, interviews and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment