Thursday 25 February 2010

52 mini interviews: Roz Inett

Installation- The Cave

Name: Roz Inett

Location: Kent, UK

Age: 24

Website(s):

http://rozinett.blogspot.com/

http://rozinett.carbonmade.com/


How would you describe your work?

Childish escapist nonsense.

What are you currently working on?

I am currently working on the 'I only like chihuahuas and dresses' series and branching out into writing.

Where do you find inspiration for your work?

I am inspired by stories, folklore, fairy tales, dreams and snippets of over heard conversation. I try not to think too much when I draw, and just let my imagination take over.

3 artists/designers you love and why! :

David Shrigley made me see drawing in a new way, and fall in love with it again!

I love Marcel Dzama's folkloric drawings, they have a beautiful delicacy that disguise the darkness of what is going on.

Scott Radke makes these strange and haunting marionette sculptures. They sort of look like worried and vulnerable children in animal suits. They are creepily beautiful.

3 things that make you smile:

Doctor Who, cinnamon flavoured cereal and a good nights sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment