Wednesday 24 February 2010

52 mini interviews: Tinee Häcker

Name: Tinee Häcker

Location: Stuttgart, Germany

Age: 36

Website(s): http://7morgen.blogspot.com http://flickr.com/fuchspanzer

How would you describe your work?
I am a printmaker, but also love to draw, paint and do installational or conceptual work, too. My work is illustrative, romantic, simple, detailled and not always as serious as it might appear.

What are you currently working on?
At the moment I am cutting blocks for a 5color linocut print for an art portfolio edition, which will be published on occasion of the 2010 soccer world cup. 22 artists from South Africa and Germany will join and contribute for a good cause...

Where do you find inspiration for your work?
In everyday life. Books, papers, inks, friends, family, home and garden, travel and stay...

3 artists/designers you love and why! :
I am in total awe with the old dutch master of portrait - Frans Hals. He had a very sharp eye for details, without being meticulous (do you say so?) I guess thats why he always succeded to catch the persons characters so well. He mixed sloppy brush strokes with very accurate details. Wonderful! I also love japanese wood cut prints by Hokusai and Hiroshige, great craftmanship and the first popular art available to (almost) everybody back then. Third, hmm, maybe Warhol? He made me go POP...

3 things that make you smile:
cake for breakfast
things that go wrong
my little baby daughter

Do you have any other upcoming exhibitions/shows etc:
You will find some of my prints
in the "KUNST.taxi", from March 2-8, 2010
at the UND'#5 art platform in Karlsruhe, Germany. Some other prints will be exhibited in the German House in Johannesburg, South Africa and in Stuttgart, Germany, during the summer. The exact dates will be announced on my blog http://7morgen.blogspot.com

Don't forget to keep checking back for news about the show, interviews and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment