Wednesday 24 February 2010

52 mini interviews: Debbie Hill

So in anticipation of our upcoming show 'Fifty-Two' we're going to be given you a little inside info on the artist/designers/makers involved starting with the wonderful Debbie Hill...

Debbie Hill from Museum of Invention series 'The Chicken & the Egg of Inventions' (I think we all know why I like this particular piece!)

Name: Debbie Hill
Location: Brighton
Age: 26

Website(s):
www.debbie-hill.co.uk
www.debbiehill.blogspot.com

How would you describe your work?
Eclectic. I like to use different materials and image-making techniques: whatever works most effectively for the subject matter. My "day job" involves a lot of computer-based design work so I like to be a bit more hands-on in my personal work.

What are you currently working on?
My shopping list collection: i collect shopping lists
I'm not sure what the plan is yet but for now I'm just enjoying illustrating the lists.
I'm also working on an illustrated joke book with fellow fifty-two contributor Yumi Okuda. It's in the early stages but we're having a lot of fun thinking up jokes.

Where do you find inspiration for your work?
Working alongside others is always a good way to get inspired...drawing parties are the way forward.

3 artists/designers you love and why! :
Sarah Neuburger: because everything she does puts a smile on my face:
Eric Carle: What's not to love? Great colours, great textures, great animals.
Theresa: I've only just discovered her blog but I love her use of cut paper and bright colours.

3 things that make you smile:
• Pigeons (www.protectthepigeons.blogspot.com).
• Group cycle rides.
• Unexpected post from nice people.


Don't forget to keep checking back for news about the show, interviews and more!

No comments:

Post a Comment