Saturday 3 April 2010

52 mini interviews: Dave Bain

Name: Dave Bain 
Location: Bristol 
Age: 26

Websites: 
How would you describe your work?

I try and bring colour and fun to my work as well as a positive and cheerful sense to my paintings and drawings.

 
What are you currently working on?
 
Several projects for some up-and-coming music groups, doing album cover work and installation images.  Also, working on some children's story ideas.
 
Where do you find inspiration for your work?
 
I love looking through reference books, bric-a-brac shops and finding music that creates images in my head.

 
3 artists/designers you love and why!:
 
Saelee Oh I've only recently come across this lady and can't get enough of her beautiful use of shapes and textures.

Russell Cobb His conceptual imagery is simply astonishing.

Temujin Doran Long-term friend, photographer, film-maker and drawer of stunning line images.  Total leg end.
 
3 things that make you smile:
 
1) People's favourite biscuit choices
2) Falling asleep with my hand between the pages of a book.
3) Holding hands

 
Do you have any other upcoming exhibitions/shows etc:
 
DECKED
5th - 29th August 2010
Coningsby Gallery, 30 Tottenham Street, London

INKYGOODNESS 4 "PLAY"
2nd - 12th September 2010
EAST Gallery, Brick Lane, London


No comments:

Post a Comment